Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,360   Online: 834

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon slr's

Shooter
    35mm
    No F? COLLECTION INCOMPLETE
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    No F? COLLECTION INCOMPLETE
    You have to stop somewhere...

I had one, plain prism, with an old 1.4/50, for ornamental purposes, for years. Sold it. May get a black body at some time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTime View Post
    iPad works, dsl to my laptop doesn't. I'll try later. It's just a sentimental pic of my now completed Nikon slr collection. In order of acquisition: FM2n, FE2, FA, FM3A, F3, F2AS.

Not trying to waste anyone's time.
    Mike, no collection is ever "complete"; what you have is a nice start. You're missing the F, all the other versions of the F3, the F4, F4s, F4e...

Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    iPad works, dsl to my laptop doesn't. I'll try later. It's just a sentimental pic of my now completed Nikon slr collection. In order of acquisition: FM2n, FE2, FA, FM3A, F3, F2AS.
    Nice setup.

BTW, that's a F3HP as opposed to the plain F3 . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course, F3HP. I might consider a black F at some point, but for me it stops with the F3. I see the F4 etc as totally different (and ugly) cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    The manual focus bodies are lookers and obviously stand out today . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course, F3HP. I might consider a black F at some point, but for me it stops with the F3. I see the F4 etc as totally different (and ugly) cameras.

I stopped at auto focus too.I have digital for that.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    The manual focus bodies are lookers and obviously stand out today . . .

Lovely cameras! One thing though. I'd like, as a matter of totally irrelevant principle, to pair a body with a lens made in roughly the same period as as the body in question was made. Obviously this is not always possible, but pairing
    a F3HP ('81 something?) with a Nippon Kogaku (that's an "S" lens? early seventies?) just doesn't feel right. Shouldn't that have been an F or F2???
    Last edited by MikeTime; 11-10-2012 at 11:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think of it as a demonstration of compatibilty. "S"(sept) means seven elements and it could be 60s.

Shooter
    35mm
    @E.: I was to lazy to look it up. Yes, as far as I recall the letter in those days indicated the number of elements. So this is an "A" or even "Pre-A"? I think Nico van Dijk and Richard de Stoutz have some lists of serial numbers and production dates or years for bodies and lenses. Very helpful, inasfar as it helped me find out I've actually got two Ai's besides five Ai-S's, a few of which are relatively young. Some Ai-S's are still made.

Interesting stuff!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin