Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,154   Online: 864

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: olympus om-2n

Shooter
    127 Format
    Yes, but the OM-2 does not have the mirror lock-up feature.

An OM-2 with lock-up could be very useful.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The OM-2 does have lock-up in a sense - if you use the self-timer the mirror locks up as soon as you press the shutter release, the shutter then opens after the delay. So it's almost as good as a dedicated mirror lock-up function.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OM-(x), x=1,2,3 and 4 is not quiet no matter whether you use with ML or Self-timer.

Worst is OM-2sp, which sounds like rubbing metal and glass together.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's odd, my OM-2SP is the smoothest and quietest of all my OM bodies ...
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The OM-2 does have lock-up in a sense - if you use the self-timer the mirror locks up as soon as you press the shutter release, the shutter then opens after the delay. So it's almost as good as a dedicated mirror lock-up function.
    I just tried this on my OM2n. It doesn't? If you press the shutter with timer set, the shutter fires as normal.With timer it fires the shutter just as normal after the time.

Shooter
    35mm
    That is normal for an om2. An om4 (maybe only the ti) lifts the mirror seconds before firing the shutter when using the selftimer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Camera shutter noise never bothers me but if for some reason I have to use a quiet camera I certainly would not use an SLR. No SLR I ever known I would classify as a quiet camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Chan Tran, when I used to photograph weddings I used a Rollei TLR. The OM is less noisy than most other SLR's though as long as the damping and seals have been replaced. They're getting on a bit now and do deteriorate with age.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would shoot a TLR (and do) or a rangefinder if I wanted quiet. Generally, though, I just don't care. It isn't like I'm photographing during a church service.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bear in mind that film transport noise will be different depending on how the last owner stored the camera, how heavily it was used, whether it has had a CLA, etc.

Shutters are likely to be much the same across different examples, providing that their speeds are accurate.

Those soundproof "blimp" arrangements were available for Pentax as well, I've seen a photo of one for an MX and heard that they existed for the ME and possibly earlier models too. Very rare now, and usually mistaken for an unusual ever-ready case.
    Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin