Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,660   Online: 725

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: olympus om-2n

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    The OM-2 does have lock-up in a sense - if you use the self-timer the mirror locks up as soon as you press the shutter release, the shutter then opens after the delay. So it's almost as good as a dedicated mirror lock-up function.
    My mistake, sorry. I was thinking of the OM-2SP which like the OM-4 and 4Ti does lift the mirror when the release is pressed, then releases the shutter after the delay.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    The OM's had a reputation for being the most quiet and vibration free of any 35mm SLR, and my experience with them bears this out. But they certainly don't compare to the tinny click of a rangefinder or viewfinder shutter. But as for vibration, I find them much less vibration prone than my rangefinders. The shutter release is very smooth and consistent; I regularly handhold my OM's with a 28-35mm lens at 1/15, 1/8 and even 1/4 with very good results. By the time you fight the stiff shutter release, trap the meter and set the exposure on a RF, you're lucky if 1/60 - 1/120 doesn't show some camera shake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin