Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,790   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I have to check the F5, although you can manually set the shutter speed to 30 minutes...
    30 seconds, perhaps?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    in the custom settings of the F5 you can set it to do exposures in shutter mode out to 30 minutes. I've done it, albeit with not very good luck, more just to see if I could do it

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aja B View Post
    30 seconds, perhaps?
    Yes 30 minutes. The F5 as default you can set it to 30 seconds. But with custom setting you can change the longest shutter speed to 30 minutes. As I have said in earlier post if left to auto mode it only does 20 seconds(my own camera, I don't think all F5 are the same in this respect).

Shooter
    35mm
    With lithium batt's in my FE and FE-2, I've gone for an hour or more.

Shooter
    35mm
    I tested all my aperture priority auto expose capable cameras (Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax & Ricoh) and found only the LX to be capable of hours long auto exposure. Also, unlike the others - with the exception of the OM's, it constantly monitors the scene for changes in lighting and will adjust accordingly + or -.

Regarding adjusting for reciprocity, I am certain most all film makers only account for up to minutes long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    I tested all my aperture priority auto expose capable cameras (Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax & Ricoh) and found only the LX to be capable of hours long auto exposure. Also, unlike the others - with the exception of the OM's, it constantly monitors the scene for changes in lighting and will adjust accordingly + or -.
    Yep, set it up after it gets dark, put slow film in it, set the lens to f/22, and go to sleep. If you're a light sleeper the sound of the shutter closing will wake you at dawn.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Weak! My FE went to 7.5 minutes once and was dead on. I thought the F3 was supposed to be superior!
    I prefer that my cameras don't try for an exposure that is beyond its metering capability. I always do long exposure on manual. First long exposure generally mean low light and if the light is below the metering range I don't trust it. I would have to put in compensation for reciprocity failure any way. Night scene is generally very high contrast and a single center weighted meter measurement would not yield good exposure.

Shooter
    35mm
    Haters gonna. C41 is your friend for exposures like that, the latitude helps compensate for reciprocity failure. The half-hour exposures I made with my F3 were on Reala; don't know if it's particularly good at long exposures or what, but the negs turned out okay.

Man, I am bummed to find YET ANOTHER reason I shouldn't have sold that camera...
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't get many 30 minute exposures on "A" before the camera batteries are flat, it's much better top make a time exposure.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I prefer that my cameras don't try for an exposure that is beyond its metering capability. I always do long exposure on manual. First long exposure generally mean low light and if the light is below the metering range I don't trust it.
    I believe this is true - at least for my FE2, FA, F3 & FM3A, as I have gotten as low as 15minutes to as much as >1hour unpredictably.

This is not the case with both of my Pentax LX bodies as they time reasonable similar even though the manual does state only 125 seconds at f1.2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin