Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,494   Online: 650

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where to Get Film Sleeves for Filing and Storage?

I have boxes of 35mm prints with negatives. I like to file all the negatives. Where can I get the film sleeves now?
    I think plastic ones can do. But I think I prefer the type of materials used in photo labs, somehow like the back materials used in Scotch tape.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you tried Amazon? There are usually a few marketplace sellers on their UK site offering negative pages and the matching binders.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    I always use paper type sheets to store negatives. The paper 'breathes' and keeps the negative strip in good condition. If the negatives are any way damp, even if very slight, if you put them in a plastic sleeve they will 'sweat' and ruin them.

I don't know about where you are but both plastic and paper negative sheets are easily available in UK. In all sizes from 35mm up to 10x8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 4" x 5", I have a bunch of yellow brown sleeves. I have some paper sleeves for 35mm, but they are in single strips. I need some for my binders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also go direct, http://www.printfile.com/ they are an APUG sponsor.
    Printfile has pages as well as sleeves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H is also a good source for all things film related. Especially if you are on the East Coast. Not that Freestyle is bad, but I believe they are on the West Coast. You may be able to save a little on shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought mine from ultrafine online/photo warehouse.

Myself and a buddy teamed up to split the shipping and ordered a few things.

I ordered enough negative filer pages for all of the 35mm and 120 film I had in the freezer.

I figured that paying for the filers at one time would make me realize the horde I had built up and slow down on buying more film.

Well almost $200 in filer sleeve pages later it has been quite a while since I thought about buying and freezing more film until I use quite a bit of it up.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin