Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,544   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon F2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you everyone for the help! Its very tempting to want to dive in and get it working "right now", but I think I'd rather send it out and be sure it's done right. I looked at Sover Wong's website and would love to send it off to him, quite expensive but I'm sure the camera would outlive any of us after he goes over it. Glad to see that there are some other highly recommended service people closer too. Well, I might just hold off until after the holidays to send it anywhere. I have a feeling that soon family members will be asking what I would like for Christmas, so maybe I'll suggest helping fund a professional CLA.

Looking forward to shooting with this camera! Lately I've mostly been shooting Acros with my Rolleiflex, and I have a feeling that and the F2 could keep me perfectly happy for many years. I've accumulated too many cameras the last couple years, but it seems like the more I shoot, the more I favor a select few.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Lucky duck.
    Oh yeah, lucky duck. With a 'd'.

Hell no, I'm not jealous, really I'm not.

Congratulations on an incredible find.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    What a find! They are such a great camera, so robust and there are so many lenses around at reasonable prices.

I can personally vouch for Sover Wong, having had one of my F2's CLA'd a couple of months ago. You can see the photos of the work in progress, and the shutter speed test results here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/etr420/...7631996554269/

He's a gentleman and a scholar.

Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin