Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1028

Thread: Almost new F100

Shooter
    35mm

Almost new F100

I have just bought a Nikon F100 for the miserly sum of £130. It is still in it's sealed box! - It has never been opened until now. There is another and if it is in the same condition/price I will have that one too. (The previous owner has just passed away) No lenses that I fancy unfortunately but hey ho what I use are good enough for me.

I have fitted new batteries and run a test film which I keep for the purpose it just works as a Nikon should - superbly. When compared alongside my well used/worn F4 there is just so little comparison. The F4 works perfectly but this F100 is something else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a great purchase. Glad that you're happy with it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Aw, I'm envious. I've just bought a Dynax 7 (which arrived yesterday) with a big crack on the bottom and a non-functioning AF motor. I'll be sending it back next week, after that I guess I'll look for a (an?) used F80 or F100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I absolutely adore my F100. How nice to find one that is still sealed in the box!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F100 is a very nice camera. I have two of them, both with grips, and probably with less than 20 films through them. I think I paid the equivalent of around 50 and 100 quid for them, respectively. I got them as parts of jumble sales, and just resold all the bits I did not want. I've taken the grips off, because their batteries drain when attached, even with the camera off. When I do wildlife or macro photography, I put the grip on to have the vertical shutter release. Otherwise, it just makes the kit heavier. Having two bodies also means that you can one day, when both have broken, use parts from one to fix the other. I'm not there yet, and hope that is not necessary.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sweet. Pick up another back door for it. It's a nice rig!

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice! I picked one up for cheaps recently and I've been chuffed to bits about it (did I say that right? :P).
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin