Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,156   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I have shot versions of all four single digit OMs for some 30 years and have never experienced a vibration "problem". I regularly handhold 28mm and 35mm lenses down to 1/8s and get very good results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by msbarnes View Post
    My intention is to use my OM1 for tripod work. I read that a big vibration offender for OM's is the aperture stop-down mechanism which initiates right before the shutter goes off, regardless if MLU is used.

Anyone notice this to be a problem?
    In a word, no. It's Internet myth.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually on some cameras this is a real problem. But it is not the diaphragm itself that causes shake, but the mechanism that actuates it. I don't have an OM, but some of my older cameras like the Edixas have a very sharp shutter button "break" when tripping the shutter due to the triggering of the aperture plunger. On the older Edixas you can actually avoid this by slowly depressing the button so that the plunger is triggered before the mirror is released. The jar from releasing the aperture plunger feels sharper to me than the mirror slap, and it is non existent though if one uses an early CZJ lens for instance which blocks the plunger from releasing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin