Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,579   Online: 1169

Shooter
    Multi Format

Oly infinity stylus at a concert question

taking my son to see rush tomorrow for his b-day. i got 20th row center stage seats and he is stoked. I'm thinking of taking my small oly clam camera to the show but not sure what i could expect in terms of results. 24mm lens might be to wide even with my great seats. is it worth bringing? I'll stick the camera in my boots to hide as my friend has done it many times and never been caught. unfortunately I can't see any of his pix to judge quality. and what of the small chance i get caught. then do i just toss the camera (it was a free gift)?

anyway would the results be worth the small risk of getting caught? Just to have a picture of my son and i in the crowd would be worth it but some stage shots would be great as well. and no i dont think camera phone picts are even worth taking, at least with my phone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    First of all, make sure that cameras really aren't allowed. If they aren't, I don't recommended it. If you do get caught, you could ruin your son's birthday by getting thrown out of the concert. Is a few pictures of something both of you are likely to remember very fondly anyway really worth it?
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    I will be hard to get any decent pic with such a camera and under such condition. This is a film forum but I think a digital is better for the job. But like Stephanie said, I think it's best just to forget it if it's not allowed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    First of all, make sure that cameras really aren't allowed. If they aren't, I don't recommended it. If you do get caught, you could ruin your son's birthday by getting thrown out of the concert. Is a few pictures of something both of you are likely to remember very fondly anyway really worth it?
    On the other hand, just think how cool it will be for both of you to tell how you got thrown out of a rock concert with you dad/son.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check with the venue. Many will allow non-professional cameras (lens does not detach). However, I recently took my Olympus OM-1 and 3 lenses to a ZZ Top concert.

[IMG] 03060044.jpg by KentWebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

Cheers,

Kent

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Bring it. Everyone has iphones anyway, and they can't stop anyone from shooting shots with those. Just don't be too obvious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well this morning i paced off what i thought would be the distance and it seems way to far back. bummer. guess phone camera pix its gotta be.

one of these days ill try to get a press pass and take some pix from the pit in front. have a friend who does it all the time. just calls the venue or the bands management company says hes an amateur photographer and he gets a temp pass for three songs. he has some great photos to show for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just got back from the concert. I counted 20+ people who where allowed to go close to the stage a take pictures. all where using small compact digital cameras. so guess i missed out.

great show by the way if anyone is seeing them soon

Shooter
    35mm
    Far too wide a lens. I usually go with fast film and my Kiron 70-150 lens for concerts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin