Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,691   Online: 760

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great deal...I have a Nikon FM2n and I love it. Small and light and dependable (and black). I think you will have the same experience with your "new" FE!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandysloo View Post
    Thanks for your input, everyone. I found a CLA'd Nikon FE for $85. I'm thinking about picking up a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 when the funds allow.

Attachment 60222

Tis a thing of beauty.
    If you can find the f/1.4 at a decent price, either the AI or the AI-S, I highly suggest it over the f/1.8. Either lens is good, though.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an FE2. If you want some flash, i would go with FE2.

FE apparently doesnt match up with Pre-AI lenses that well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll recommend Nikon F3s to the end of the earth. They're my favorite all around 35mm SLRs. Other Nikons might do certain things better, but as far as a do-it-all no-bullshit camera, the F3 is damn near impossible to beat.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    If you can find the f/1.4 at a decent price, either the AI or the AI-S, I highly suggest it over the f/1.8. Either lens is good, though.
    Why do you like the f1.4 more? From what I've read, the 1.8 is sharper, has less distortion, and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by NZed View Post
    If you want some flash, i would go with FE2.

FE apparently doesnt match up with Pre-AI lenses that well.
    In what way does it not match up with pre-AI lenses? I'm not entirely familiar with Nikon's lens history. And I have zero interest in flash, in fact I'd put the FE2 under the category of having too many features I'll never need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandysloo View Post
    Why do you like the f1.4 more? From what I've read, the 1.8 is sharper, has less distortion, and cheaper.

In what way does it not match up with pre-AI lenses? I'm not entirely familiar with Nikon's lens history. And I have zero interest in flash, in fact I'd put the FE2 under the category of having too many features I'll never need.
    I like the f/1.4 over the f/1.8 for the extra speed. It's there when you need it that way. It was at f/2 most of the time indoors for me, but it was nice to have that extra there when I needed it.

As to the pre-AI, I've never had one.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Another vote in favor of FE.
    I've been shooting it for just over a year now and I love it.

Split prism focus, Aperture priority mode, and a match-needle center-weighted meter are, for me, the most important features that every camera should have.

I do wish it had a better shooting grip and built in flash of the F80.

Cheers,
    Som

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a Nikon FG and really like it. It can so many lenses as well. It was not very expensive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin