Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,231   Online: 985

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I already have many of the FL's listed in Nikon mount, for now. I'll probably never part with my 105/2.5 it stays on my Nikkormat when I'm not doing portrait work on my d*****l.

I do like the industars, they're compact, and that is a plus for my 5d. For that price I might just wait for one from Ukraine.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    Medium Format

How 'bout this glass?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	59910Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	59911

I use this gem for shooting critters at night.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Zeiss Biotar 75/1,5 (quite rare), Biotar 58/2, Sonnar 180/2,8 (big!) and the mentioned Tessar 50/2,8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some awesome glass to look out for and is relatively cheap.
    Industar 50-2-50
    Helios 44/2 or 44/4
    Pentacon 50mm 1.8
    Jupiter 9 85mm

I have all of these apart from the Juptier which is on my list to buy.
    Don't worry about the stop down. Its only a small extra step before taking the shot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    105/2.8 Super Takumar. The 35/2 is something too, but big.
    The 35mm f/2 lens you (I) want is the one with the 67mm filter size on the front. There's an SMCT 35mm f/2 that had a 49mm filter size that doesn't have the same qualities.

I used to call it a "Rectilinear" lens because I think that's what made it special. I could look through the finder at interiors and the lines at the ceiling and corners would appear straight. Of course close-up portraits would give you "clown noses" but it was one of my all-time favorite lenses.

Value of the lens (used to be)... around $133 US

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Reccomend me m42 glass!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    The 35mm f/2 lens you (I) want is the one with the 67mm filter size on the front. There's an SMCT 35mm f/2 that had a 49mm filter size that doesn't have the same qualities.

I used to call it a "Rectilinear" lens because I think that's what made it special. I could look through the finder at interiors and the lines at the ceiling and corners would appear straight. Of course close-up portraits would give you "clown noses" but it was one of my all-time favorite lenses.

Value of the lens (used to be)... around $133 US
    That's the one. I paid slightly more for mine about 5-6 years ago but it came with the original hood and case. Great bargain still!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    M42 lens prices being somewhat high these days, I would stick with Japanese lenses like Pentax Takumar or Mamiya Sekor. IMO German (CZJ, Meyer, Pentacon) or Soviet (KMZ and al.) lenses are way too expensive for risk you take buying one of these, the original QC being all over the place and some being butchered by unscupulous "repairmen".
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're using an M42 lens with an adaptor it's important to ensure it has an Auto/Manual aperture switch. I have quite a few Tamron Adaptall lenses mostly SP and have M42 Pentax ES mounts and Pentax K mounts however they don't have that switch so you're stuck at full aperture with an EOS adapter on a Pentax mount.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    M42 lens prices being somewhat high these days
    I noticed that too. Back in 2003/2004 I was regularly looking for nice Zeiss M42 lenses on Ebay in Germany and they were comparably cheap. Some prices demanded today are outright crazy. Usually lenses go for 3-4 times the price they were back then. Some even more. A 50mm Tessar could be had for 10 Euro back then, today people want 50 Euro. 75mm Biotar was about 300-400 Euro then (I even considered this price too high back in the days), today it fetches 1500 Euro. These lenses were quite nice in my view, but nothing outstandig neither in picture nor build quality. Today many of them are overpriced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    I noticed that too. Back in 2003/2004 I was regularly looking for nice Zeiss M42 lenses on Ebay in Germany and they were comparably cheap. Some prices demanded today are outright crazy. Usually lenses go for 3-4 times the price they were back then. Some even more. A 50mm Tessar could be had for 10 Euro back then, today people want 50 Euro. 75mm Biotar was about 300-400 Euro then (I even considered this price too high back in the days), today it fetches 1500 Euro. These lenses were quite nice in my view, but nothing outstandig neither in picture nor build quality. Today many of them are overpriced.
    You can blame this on guys like me who put these lenses on dSLR's.

Almost all of my film era lenses are used on their respective cameras but adapters are 5-15 dollars and lenses were made better back then.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin