Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,041   Online: 954

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    The neatest way I've seen to jam the pin is with a sliver of CDR, carefully filed to shape and superglued to the back of the lens.

It would obviously be a better idea to just buy an M42 body capable of operating the pin! Spotmatics are still relatively cheap and plentiful here, or go earlier with an SV if you're not bothered about a built-in light meter. Either is likely to need a CLA but will be ready for another few decades afterwards.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe there's a way to rig an adapter to move in the pin.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    porst color reflex 55mm f1.4, or if you find it, porst color reflex 55mm f1.2 ...

I just laid my hands on a 55 1.4 for about 70 euros.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought Flektogon 35/2.4 long before the hype started. The hype is gone, and I still love it. The blades are sometimes sticky, so I have to clean once in a while.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    No Super Tak 50mm f/1.4 on a 5D digital. The mirror will strike the lens.
    It's pretty easy (though a bit of a shame) to modify the lens so that it clears the mirror. One has to file down the protective rear housing (very carefully).

+1 for Super Tak 50/1.4
    +1 for Super Tak 28/3.5 (a stupid stupid sharp, fun lens)
    +1 for Super Tak 105/2.8, though I just sold mine because I never use teles
    +1 for Super Tak 35/3.5, though I have only used the optically similar K version
    +1 for using these lenses on a spottie instead of an EOS film system. I have done both, and Spotmatics provide a more rewarding experience.

Better yet, get a camera with a better viewfinder like a KX or MX and get an M42 adapter to leave permanently on the camera. Big viewfinders = big fun!

-Jake

Shooter
    35mm
    How good is the 50 1.4 Super Tak?
    I already use a Nikon 50 1.4 AI and a C/Y Zeiss 50 1.4

I'd like to add the Fuji 135 2.5 and Fuji 85 F4 Soft Focus (for when you need everything to look like 1980)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    How good is the 50 1.4 Super Tak?
    I already use a Nikon 50 1.4 AI and a C/Y Zeiss 50 1.4
    Ooh good question. I've never used either of those lenses, so I can't compare. I've liked just about every 50 I've owned, so maybe I'm too nice about lenses. But I really like the Super Tak--it has great bokeh, is really sharp at all apertures from f/2 on, and has a vintage "glow" at 1.4.

I don't know how good it is, except to say that I like it better than the Pentax-M 50/1.4/1.7/2

1.4:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roll_016_002.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	61516

Stopped down, prolly f/8 (and be there):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04290010.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	61517

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin