Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,610   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    When I had an FG, it didn't exhibit any battery draining problems. Bulb/M90 and you'll be fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    When I use my F3 on cold winter day (-20 Celsius and lower) - battery goes down in a hour. After it gets warm again - battery is working again. So now when is very cold outside as simplest solution I use full mechanical camera .
    You misunderstood David. David said to freeze his batteries to preserve them. When the battery gets cold it quit delivering power and quit the self discharge also thus preserve its power. At normal temperature batteries discharge themselves when not being used. Freeze them stop this. So if the FG is draining the battery, you can litterary freeze the whole thing the preserve the battery but then I don't want to freeze the camera as some components would crack.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    So to summarize: use new batteries, when camera not in use - put shutter in M90 position, and avoid very cold places. If after this you still have battery problem - something is faulty in electrics.
    For cold weather, use the 3V Lithium CR1/3N or equivalent. Lithiums work well into freezing temperatures along with higher power densities and long shelf life.

Shooter
    35mm
    You'd be surprised about freezing cameras. I put my KX in a sealed bag in the freezer overnight to kill a dust mite I spotted wandering in the viewfinder. It didn't seem to suffer any ill effects once taken out and allowed to come back up to room temperature, I was careful not to open the bag immediately so as to avoid condensation problems. Not advised if the camera has an LCD display!
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of these multi-meters is a good investment for checking the voltage of your batteries so you can see if the camera or the batteries are faulty http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...tal+multimeter
    I check my camera and light meter batteries with mine each time before I go out and use them.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin