Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,943   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hold my breath when its slower than 1/30!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the operative term is "press the shutter, not the camera"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would encourage your students to press the shutter release, not the "shutter", it will damage it
    Last edited by benjiboy; 11-20-2012 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I would encourage your students to press the shutter release, not the "shutter", it will damage it
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rubberband or tape a laser pointer to the camera, this when pointed at a wall a few yards away will show you if you are jiggling the camera as you press the shutter release.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use a cable release!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Holding breath can actually, even if it is not noticed, cause a general tensioning of all the body.
    My strategy is: begin expiring. While expiring, stop a moment, take picture, go on expiring. The movement of the finger on the shutter release is like a "continuation" of the expiration movement.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Does anyone else find it harder to gauge the tripping point with some electronic shutter releases?

I assume that most of them have two push switches. The first wakes the meter up then the second trips the shutter. I usually end up gradually increasing pressure while hoping that I stop after hitting the first but before the second! Worst offenders seem to be motor winders - the three I have (Winder ME, ME II and MX) have no "feel" for the point where activating the meter turns to triggering the shutter.

The older designs with a mechanical linkage have a far more noticeable "step" when you hit the meter activation point in their travel. The button on the ME body is a better shutter release, but I like using the winder for the extra grip it brings.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    That's very clever. You're addressing the OP?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
    Does anyone else find it harder to gauge the tripping point with some electronic shutter releases?

I assume that most of them have two push switches. The first wakes the meter up then the second trips the shutter. I usually end up gradually increasing pressure while hoping that I stop after hitting the first but before the second! Worst offenders seem to be motor winders - the three I have (Winder ME, ME II and MX) have no "feel" for the point where activating the meter turns to triggering the shutter.

The older designs with a mechanical linkage have a far more noticeable "step" when you hit the meter activation point in their travel. The button on the ME body is a better shutter release, but I like using the winder for the extra grip it brings.
    Don't get me started, as with some digital cameras there is almost a second delay in pressing and taking.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin