Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,606   Online: 978

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Love my Domke F3 canvas bag... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    What I just ordered for a camera bag is a "fly fishing shoulder gear bag" I have had one like it for many years worked just fine. Water proof and it does not advertise "I am carrying expensive camera equipment"

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/400327455041?...#ht_500wt_1180
    Unless you've got a couple Dolly Vardens hanging out of it it's still going to say "cameras". Especially if you have one of same hanging on your neck. (A camera, not a Dolly Varden.)

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a domke F-5xb and I couldn't love it more for street shooting. I leave the camera over my shoulder and the bag holds three lenses on my other side, across my body. It's perfectly-sized for three SLR lenses. The only lens I can't fit is my 80-200 f/2.8. It's just barely not deep enough to fit.

If I need something to carry more gear, I have a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home. It fits anything I'd need for a serious outing while still not getting in my way.

And then if I really need to lug some stuff out somewhere and use it as a sort of "mobile base," I have a CaseLogic photo backpack. I can lug tons of kit around in it, but it's more of a "take it to your location and stay there" sort of thing. I'll often load it up in my trunk if I'm driving somewhere so I know I have everything.

All of them work, but the Domke is my favorite because it's so weightless and fast to get in and out of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I just ordered for a camera bag is a "fly fishing shoulder gear bag" I have had one like it for many years worked just fine. Water proof and it does not advertise "I am carrying expensive camera equipment"

Well? How is it?

For the last six months or so I've been using a ginormous Domke messenger bag with a waxed finish to carry two cameras with lenses mounted. A bit overkill, but so easy to slip a body in and out without having to wrestle with partitions. (Years ago I would have stuffed the bag with gear and broken my clavicle hauling so much unnecessary crap around. Somehow, in the intervening years, I got smart. No, really.)
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Be careful the bag material may be waterproof, but it has an awful lot of zips and I doubt they are waterproof.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin