Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,273   Online: 883

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon 20mm f3.5 UD vs Olympus 21mm f3.5

I have the Olympus and love it but I'm thinking of switching to Nikon....I prefer the Nikon bodies.

How do the two lenses rate? I worry that I'll miss my Zuiko. I'll probably buy both lenses/systems then sell the loser but curious to hear your throughts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never had zuiko, but I have nikkor UD: great lens, sharp, and not so expensive. Only downsides are: big, need big filter, some falloff wide open. I did not noticed any distortion in normal everyday usage.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Nikon system ROCKS !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have both, but I prefer the Olympus. The OM lens is smaller and lighter, and I also prefer the quality of the images.

Shooter
    35mm
    Why? Are you going to get rid of the OM system if the Nikon system is better? I think it's best to have them all, it doesn't really save any money selling your OM stuff.

Shooter
    35mm
    I do think the nikon system is better: more lenses, accessories, bodies with other features, motor drives, etc.

However, my primary reason is because I just don't like the OM bodies: too small.

Optics to me is secondary.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin