Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,249   Online: 755

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Halka View Post
    Care to elaborate on that?
    A good friend found a photog bag belonging to a family member and gave it to me. Included several lenses and my beloved FM2n w/ motor drive. Like I said, it was the lens fairy;-)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by okto View Post
    You might be thinking of the 28/2.8 AF, which IIRC used the optics from the 28/2.8 Series E, in a massively bone-headed move. I wasn't impressed with mine even on a D200. Nice FoV, but just blah in terms of IQ.

The 28/2.8 AF-D is a completely different optical formula.

(I love chewin' the rag about Nikkors.)
    You're right, I didn't know the AF and AF-D had different optics. I have a D200 also; I got the 28mm because I was trying to find a normal lens that wasn't the 35mm f/1.8G. I was going to try the 35mm f/2D also, but before I could, I gave up on digital for my personal work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    I gave up on digital for my personal work.
    That just warms the cockles of my heart to hear. ^_^

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, and for those who don't know about it yet, http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html has complete specs for every F-mount lens ever produced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin