Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,597   Online: 1184

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to leave the leader out when rewinding manually but gave up doing so after buying one of the retriever gadgets. There's almost no risk of accidentally reloading an exposed film if you rewind them fully, and it takes seconds to pull the leader back out when I come to process them.
    Matt

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which retriever do you use? I heard the most different stories about the usefullness of these.

Another aspect: When using reloadable cartridges the velvet should be handled with special care, as otherwise maltreatment would accumulate.

Shooter
    35mm
    The one I use is made by Kaiser. It's the sort where you slide the larger "tongue" into the cassette, then turn the film spool until you hear a faint click before sliding the second smaller tongue in from the retriever. Then just turn the spool the other way until you feel resistance (trapping the leader firmly between the two tongues) and gently pull the retriever out. Works most of the time, I've never had to have more than two attempts on a given film.
    Matt

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Yep, that's the one. If you follow the instructions and have hearing good enough to notice the little "click" as the end of the film drops over the end of the smaller tongue then it works superbly.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
    I used to leave the leader out when rewinding manually but gave up doing so after buying one of the retriever gadgets. There's almost no risk of accidentally reloading an exposed film if you rewind them fully, and it takes seconds to pull the leader back out when I come to process them.
    I've done this, more times than I care to remember. It's the main reason I bought duplicates (and triplicates) of my favorite camera bodies.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin