Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,592   Online: 945

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

canon rebel 2000 question

So apparently the rebel 2000 puts the exposed film back into the cartridge after each shot, so in theory, I could leave one frame un-exposed so I can take the film out with the leader still available to me so I make sure I cut the edge perfectly straight so i'm not fiddling with scissors in the dark room, right?
    Last edited by tyqre; 11-23-2012 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some of the canon cameras can be "told" to keep the leader out-check a manual,online or other.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To avoid confusion: That camera is of that kind that first winds the film completely onto the take-up spool (Pre-Wind) and then draws it back into the cartridge a frame after each exposure.
    You should be able to open the back door after exposing the last but one frame (which you left unexposed), but then the leader would still be on the take-up spool. Dependfing on type of camera taking it off could be a problem.

But anyway, cutting the film end before loading the film onto the processing reel is no big issue. You don't need a guide or such. Just make a straight cut, then cut off the corners to make it more easy to lead the film through the spiral. If you feel a "nasty" open perforation, cut it off.

If you feel insecure, use a pair of scissors with rounded peaks or round them off yourself.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok thanks for the info! Ill see if I can find that option in the manual. And thank you for the confirmation, AgX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no "leave leader out" option with the Rebel 2000.

But .....

1. It is not necessary to use a reduced width leader on your film with the Rebel 2000. You can load film that is just cut square (if you bulk load) or can trim the narrow leader off before loading; and
    2. Nail clippers are great for trimming the corners of film before loading reels.

Hope this helps.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

canon rebel 2000 question

My canon 1V does that, or has that option, to leave leader tongue out, however that's how I distinguish between exposed and unexposed film... I think your best bet is what was said above, just hold it between your fingers on the dark bag / darkroom and cut, it will be straight ENOUGH to accept into the reel.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Just buy a film leader retriever - they're not hard to use and will solve the problem.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There is no "leave leader out" option with the Rebel 2000.

But .....

It is not necessary to use a reduced width leader on your film with the Rebel 2000. You can load film that is just cut square
    hmm, maybe ill try that next time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The problem with shooting all but the last frame then opening the camera back is you will lose the last frame and a half that you shot.

I don't use pre-wind cameras because I don't have any. With a T90, for example, I listen to the film rewind; then when the sound changes I pop the back open. If I'm quick I can stop it before the film pulls all the way in.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Furthermore the T90 has a solder gab that one can bridge to have the camera leave the leader out.
    One has to open the body and to know how to solder electronics of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin