Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,662   Online: 1010

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon F100?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the eye controlled focus (on an Elan IIe and an Elan 7e - both of which I paid less than $50.00 for).

Of course, until very recently I never had any auto-focus, so take my comment with that in mind.

I would suggest to Christopher that the differences between all of the cameras listed in Fred's eight camera list are essentially refinements, and therefore the choice of what would be "best" for Christopher is most likely only determinable by Christopher.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Canon F100?

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I like the eye controlled focus (on an Elan IIe and an Elan 7e - both of which I paid less than $50.00 for).

I still have my Canan EOS ElanII that my mom bought for me when I was in high school. It's been beat up, dropped, moved from place to place, and even did a stint in my sisters art classes when she was in high school.

I bought a battery for it some months ago and turned it on. The electronics work but the shutter goes "kssshhhhhhh CLICK"... Like its severely sticking somewhere. And after a few simultaneous clicks, it just sticks all together.

I'd like to get it repaired, but I'm afraid that the cost will be way way way more than I'm willing to pay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    The electronics work but the shutter goes "kssshhhhhhh CLICK"... Like its severely sticking somewhere.
    The midrange canon slr's were known for this sticky shutter syndrome. Especially if it sits a season or 3.

Google it and there may be a quick fix, I'm not sure as all my canons always get plenty of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I'd like to get it repaired, but I'm afraid that the cost will be way way way more than I'm willing to pay.
    There's a repairman in Sparks NV who specializes in EOS and T90 repair. Last time I had work done it cost me $125, including return post. On the other hand, a functioning Elan IIe can be had for $25. I am not wealthy, but I would rather spend the money than toss the camera and try to find another without problems.

Edit: I should point out that the $125 buys a complete CLA, including cleaning the shutter and replacing the disintegrating shutter bumper.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin