Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,347   Online: 761

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't think this is a subject for a none digital forum.
    +1
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Yashinoff: WHY? Because I have lots of lenses and I just sold a Takumar 1.4/50 for USD 40 because the guy wanted to use it on his digital. There is, perhaps, new value to these old lenses since the 'official' digital lenses cost a fortune. - David Lyga
    Yes, and these idiots are causing the prices on some of these film camera lenses to go to stupid high levels. To me this is an example of the camera companies killing off lenses with a single focal length to concentrate on the production of zooms. Epic fail on the part of "modern" camera design.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't think this is a subject for a none digital forum.
    +2
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Please provide a listing of which 35mm analog mounts can be employed for digital...

Something going on, even in the digital world, that might be affecting the prices on our gear traditionally used for analog film use, sure is a subject I'd like to hear about here.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Something going on, even in the digital world, that might be affecting the prices on our gear traditionally used for analog film use, sure is a subject I'd like to hear about here.
    Agreed. It explains why some lenses are getting stupidly expensive while others can barely be given away.

The subject heading is perfectly clear. If you don't want to read about it then just skip over it. No need to post negative one-liners.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Please provide a listing of which 35mm analog mounts can be employed for digital...

Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post
    Agreed. It explains why some lenses are getting stupidly expensive while others can barely be given away.

The subject heading is perfectly clear. If you don't want to read about it then just skip over it. No need to post negative one-liners.
    They remind me of hipsters. ;-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Use lenses on the cameras they were made for. /thread

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PentaxBronica View Post

I think it's that this is a film only forum, I recently was asking about film scanners and was shut down because scanning is not about film it's about computer which is digital, I would take this convo to the DPUG forum because its bound to be closed down soon anyway since its partially about digital cameras even if its about film lenses.

I don't like it either(these strange rules) but its how it is here. Also apparently DPUG is actually a Hybrid photo forum that IMHO was miss-named HPUG "h-pug" for Hybrid Photography Users Group or ADHPUG "add-pug" for Analog & Digital Hybrid Photography Users Group.

Anyway it's DPUG instead, but it's hybrid, this is perfect for their forum

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    While I am certainly 'available' to be criticized for posting upon the 'wrong' forum I did think carefully about the venue before creating this thread.

I honestly thought that people used to film lenses would be in the BEST position to determine which mounts go onto digital cameras. Reason: because the vast majority of film users segued INTO digital (and not the other way around). In other words, those that know ONLY digital could not possibly be expected to know the various lens mounts that us older folks grew up with. That was my reasoning but I am, again, certainly open to re-assessment. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since we are discussing using lenses made for analog cameras for use on digital cameras EITHER forum can be considered to be proper for this thread. I could say something very impolite about posters who take it upon themselves to do the job of the monitors. But ENOUGH ALREADY and let's get back to the question of the OP.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin