Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,038   Online: 1120

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    In other words, those that know ONLY digital could not possibly be expected to know the various lens mounts that us older folks grew up with.
    I wouldn't bet on that, word gets round on the internet pretty quickly. There aren't many really high quality lenses still available that don't attract stellar prices but there are one or two makes. DSLR using videographers are the main culprits for bumping prices because most prefer manual focus for the lack motor noise. One (nameless*) brand has seen 28mm lenses rise in the last six months from £25-30 to £80-90 and I've seen one selling for £200 this week. It seems a legitimate topic for inquiry, if just to show film users why their favourite glass has just gone through the roof.

* I still require one for the set.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Since we are discussing using lenses made for analog cameras for use on digital cameras EITHER forum can be considered to be proper for this thread. I could say something very impolite about posters who take it upon themselves to do the job of the monitors. But ENOUGH ALREADY and let's get back to the question of the OP.
    They can use google.

Pretty much every mount that can be adapted has been adapted. Even Miranda and Icarex mounts. It would be a complete waste of time for anybody shooting film to complile a list, unless of course they own lenses in dozens of different mounts and are keen to profit on the recent fad.

How about this, if you have a lens and are curious if it will work on your digital camera - just look for an adapter. ​If one exists you will find it!
    Last edited by Yashinoff; 12-10-2012 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    While I am certainly 'available' to be criticized for posting upon the 'wrong' forum I did think carefully about the venue before creating this thread.

I honestly thought that people used to film lenses would be in the BEST position to determine which mounts go onto digital cameras. Reason: because the vast majority of film users segued INTO digital (and not the other way around). In other words, those that know ONLY digital could not possibly be expected to know the various lens mounts that us older folks grew up with. That was my reasoning but I am, again, certainly open to re-assessment. - David Lyga
    Not neccesarily. Some of us don't even own a digital PHD camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Not neccesarily. Some of us don't even own a digital PHD camera.
    PHD cameras, do they come with a doctorate built in now, as well as face recognition ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    PHD cameras, do they come with a doctorate built in now, as well as face recognition ?
    PHD = "Push Here Dummy"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    PHD = "Push Here Dummy"
    I've never heard the expression before, it must be an Americanism.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I've never heard the expression before, it must be an Americanism.
    Or an Adirondackism. I don't remember where I first heard it, but it was well before the digital camera came on the scene. I have a Pentax IQ Zoom PHD film camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Regarding the original question, I think the list pretty much would be every lens mount ever produced, except for certain ones with electronic connections.

And this seems to be increasingly true of the Micro Four-Thirds and NEX mounts and the growing number of adapters for each.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some lenses like those for the Braun Paxette which have leaf shutters probably can't be adapted to digital.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Olympus OM lenses suck on digital cameras. Better leave them alone for the film users.

Digi's have software to correct distortions and misshapen images because they are inferior to film and need that stuff to make a reasonable image. When you substitute 'legacy' lenses for the electronic ones, all the correction is lost and you get worse junk than the junk you normally get from a digi.

So, stay away from film lenses on digi's and kid yourself into thinking that computer generated junk is a real picture.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin