Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,341   Online: 1122

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    You make the sign like this £,( its shift and next to the dollar sign Jason), it was a fortune in 1958 when I was a young marine it was around five years pay.
    Only on a UK Keyboard, don't tell me you thought all keyboards are equal Ben some like ours are more equal than others, I struggle to use my wifes Turkish keyboard they have letters we don't have and an i with no dot as well as one with

There's never been a best film camera because they have so many different uses and some are better than others in some circumstances

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    1200 pounds sterling was, I believe, quoted at USD 2.80 per pound at that time (1958). And that $2.80 was in SILVER!

In 1958 minimum wage was about 50 cents per hour but that 50 cents (in silver) is now worth about ten US dollars today. You can get $10 from any reputable coin dealer for a silver half dollar (which is more than the $7.50 minimum today). - David lyga

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    It looks like a 1950s concept design for what film cameras might look like in the year 2000. Pretty ugly and elaborate looking thing.
    Overly complex design. That's why Nikon won the fight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Reminds me of The Simpsons when Homer was in a shop looking at 'The World's Best Jacket'.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The price is ridiculous of course. However, every collection (no I am not a collector) should have one as it was the first with a coupled meter.

For those that think it is overly complicated, you should take a look at my first 'serious' camera outfit which was a Periflex. Nevertheless, I did make a number of very good images with it.

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry folks but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I always thought the bulls eye Contarex was the most butt ugly camera ever. Then Canon pioneered the 'slightly melted plasto-blob' look with their introduction of the T-90. Many modern DSLR's now copy that look, ugh! My idea of the best looking camera is the original Nikon F with the non metered prism. It just looks right. All that is essential with no ungainly protuberances, clean and purposeful. Thirty eight years ago I chose Olympus OM as my 35mm SLR because of the small form factor and weight and the OM-1 is nice clean looking camera, but the Nikon F is my favorite looking camera even though I have never owned one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    'slightly melted plasto-blob'
    That's the best description I've seen yet
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like it would scare the crap out of a young child.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Absolutely gorgeous pictures can be taken with this camera and is a photographers dream camera."

I wonder why it hasn't sold?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    "Absolutely gorgeous pictures can be taken with this camera and is a photographers dream camera."

I wonder why it hasn't sold?
    Because just about everyone knows that you can't buy film any more. Didn't you hear that film is dead? You deef or sumpin"?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin