Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,527   Online: 829

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Because just about everyone knows that you can't buy film any more. Didn't you hear that film is dead? You deef or sumpin"?
    What?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    "Absolutely gorgeous pictures can be taken with this camera and is a photographers dream camera."

I wonder why it hasn't sold?
    He should lower the price a bit, maybe $1999.99.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I dont think Contarex was the best camera at 1958 , M3 Leica released at 1958 with 35 mm Summaron , f:1.5,2,3.5 50mms,
    90mm and 135 mm. Contarex cameras were ugly like Minoltas , Praktinas ,Kodak Retinas and Kalimar Aires 35 iii l , last camera was coming with f:1.9 lens and price was 99.50.

Zeiss introduced 4 cameras at 1958 , Contaflex , Contax , Contina and Ikoflex , all with Sonnar , Tessar , Anastigmat lenses.
    I saw many Leica bodies were using Nikon lenses and Nikon had a primitive Leica copy.

Polaroid cameras were big at 1958 and Ansco was racing with Ektachrome and Kodachrome where Ansco claiming that their users will not get flat deep blue skies.

Umut

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The best camera is the one you happen to have with you at the time. ...think about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All siriusness aside, in 1958 there were very few SLRs available and most of those including the Conterex went through a learning curve to "get it right". That said the Conterex is both butt ugly and fascinating.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    The big breakthroughs in SLR design came in 1959. In 1958 the Contarex could arguably lay claim to the "best SLR" title. Its competition at the time would have basically been the Exakta. The Exakta despite being an old design by this point was the more flexible system and better suited to laboratory and scientific uses.

I think the Contarex Special is actually a very attractive camera too: http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/pp/z...ex/special.htm
    The Contarex Super and Electronic also have their own interesting aesthetic appeal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nar! rolleiman's got it right! But isn't it the photographer who makes the picture not the camera?
    Last edited by Allan Swindles; 12-10-2012 at 05:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Swindles View Post
    Nar! rolleiman's got it right! But isn't it the photographer who makes the picture not the camera?
    It's the subject that makes the picture.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is a much cheaper alternative:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271090741812

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh virtualmerch they list just about anything for $999. I asked them once if they were mistaken, but never got an answer. So I'm going to have to guess they're just daft.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin