Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,474   Posts: 1,570,977   Online: 822

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The best film camera money can buy?

Wouldn't the "best" camera be the one that sells the most copies? Could be the canon AE-1? Hehe

I wouldn't have even offered this guy $100 for that ugly thing, I don't care how great a picture is if I feel like I look like a weirdo holding it I don't want it. Some photography is about perception, if they perceive you to be good, you have more options with your subject.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    Here is a much cheaper alternative:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271090741812
    Hehe...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Well, it actually worked...

Go me!

If I had the money I would get it, they sell 110 again, would be fun to shoot.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well, it actually worked...

Go me!

If I had the money I would get it, they sell 110 again, would be fun to shoot.

~Stone

Killjoy! Now we have to find something else to make fun of!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    They still have an extra $9 in there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the subject that makes the picture.
    Very true, but the photographer has to be there - in the right place - at the right time, with a camera.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Best selling doesn't make it the best. Canon has sold boatloads of its various EOS and Rebel cameras. Good cameras? Yes. Best cameras? Maybe, but probably not, especially with their entry level cameras.

I think trying to nail down the best camera ever would be dIifficult, maybe impossible, to decide. Best made? Best features? Best lenses? Easiest to use? And nearly everyone has different opinions on what they think would be the best.

I could list maybe 10 cameras that I think might be the best, and they're all different from each other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Best selling doesn't make it the best. Canon has sold boatloads of its various EOS and Rebel cameras. Good cameras? Yes. Best cameras? Maybe, but probably not, especially with their entry level cameras.
    I believe that Kodak sold even more Instamatic 104s. Using the logic that the best selling cameras are the best one leads to the conclusion the Instamatic 104 was the best camera ever made.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I believe that Kodak sold even more Instamatic 104s. Using the logic that the best selling cameras are the best one leads to the conclusion the Instamatic 104 was the best camera ever made.

There is a reasonable likelihood though that more good photographs have been taken with Instamatic 104s than any other camera .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There is a reasonable likelihood though that more good photographs have been taken with Instamatic 104s than any other camera .
    But also more bad ones.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin