Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,714   Posts: 1,669,881   Online: 1003

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The best film camera money can buy?

Well, it actually worked...

Go me!

If I had the money I would get it, they sell 110 again, would be fun to shoot.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    They still have an extra $9 in there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the subject that makes the picture.
    Very true, but the photographer has to be there - in the right place - at the right time, with a camera.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Best selling doesn't make it the best. Canon has sold boatloads of its various EOS and Rebel cameras. Good cameras? Yes. Best cameras? Maybe, but probably not, especially with their entry level cameras.

I think trying to nail down the best camera ever would be dIifficult, maybe impossible, to decide. Best made? Best features? Best lenses? Easiest to use? And nearly everyone has different opinions on what they think would be the best.

I could list maybe 10 cameras that I think might be the best, and they're all different from each other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I believe that Kodak sold even more Instamatic 104s. Using the logic that the best selling cameras are the best one leads to the conclusion the Instamatic 104 was the best camera ever made.

There is a reasonable likelihood though that more good photographs have been taken with Instamatic 104s than any other camera .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There is a reasonable likelihood though that more good photographs have been taken with Instamatic 104s than any other camera .
    But also more bad ones.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I admittedly had to look it up... I've never heard of this camera hehe, I've also never seen one before...

The picture I pulled up from google is this.. .http://dnok91peocsw3.cloudfront.net/...-612x612-1.png

Why does it have 35mm and 127? next to it? isn't it a 110 camera?

Also.... why would more good photo's come from this camera? just because of the sheer number of shots taken with it? I can't imagine110 film delivering images you could blow up very big.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is the classic 126 camera - square negatives or slides.

Probably the largest selling camera ever, and just about foolproof to use in almost all typical situations.

A camera doesn't have to yield images that "blow up very big" in order to create good or even great photographs.

See this link: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Instamatic_104
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The best film camera money can buy?

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It is the classic 126 camera - square negatives or slides.

Probably the largest selling camera ever, and just about foolproof to use in almost all typical situations.

A camera doesn't have to yield images that "blow up very big" in order to create good or even great photographs.

See this link: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kodak_Instamatic_104
    Oh 126! Ok those images aren't as bad as 110 then being 35mm so it's just up to the plastic lenses then

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    when we were kids we had one of these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOOKIE-KAMER...item27cded26ff
    best camera ever made ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin