Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,039   Online: 788

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post

126 is not in the same catagory as 110 or Advantix, it was about the same size as 135mm just square and Nikon and Kodak made decent 126 SLRs. Kodak made a few higher end fixed lens 126 cameras with good lens. I always though the flaw was the plastic cassesstt which could distort in hot weather.
    Nikon made a 126 SLR? I know Ricoh did, and so did Zeiss Ikon and Rollei.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    126 had the same problem with film flatness as 110.

But folks, it isn't the camera that makes good photographs!

I have seen an absolutely fabulous poster sized (30" x 40"?) print from disk film and a basic Kodak disk camera.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I have seen an absolutely fabulous poster sized (30" x 40"?) print from disk film and a basic Kodak disk camera.
    Of what? Grain and blur?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Of what? Grain and blur?
    Of someone who worked for Kodak Canada. It had been taken a couple of years previously when he was clowning around with some friends. It was presented to a crowd of several hundred at his surprise retirement party - after he had worked for almost 50 years for Kodak Canada.

For many years early in his career, he was known as "Mr. Kodak" in Western Canada, because he was the only Kodak representative in the western half of our country.

It was presented to the room by the president of the company, who did acknowledge that the print had required some fairly careful work at Eastman Kodak's labs in Rochester. The image information was there though in the negative and was retrievable with reasonably skilful and careful work.

This was all before digital.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [...]

This was all before digital.

Then what happened ...?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Then what happened ...?
    By that, I meant that this was before there were digital techniques available to "enhance" the results - about 1984, I would guess.
    Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    By that, I meant that this was before there were digital techniques available to "enhance" the results - about 1984, I would guess.
    Still, you could probably duplicate it onto a larger piece of film and then print that image, giving you a finer grain look than the original image even if it didn't actually increase the quality at all, it would "appear" to be a finer grain than the reality of it all ... basically, old school extrapolation

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Still, you could probably duplicate it onto a larger piece of film and then print that image, giving you a finer grain look than the original image even if it didn't actually increase the quality at all, it would "appear" to be a finer grain than the reality of it all ... basically, old school extrapolation
    It would probably have to be done something like that. You would have to have an extremely contrasty negative to make a print that large directly enlarging from the original negative too.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I was working photo retail when the disk camera came out and all the salesmen preordereda personal employee discount one: until we saw the real life photos and then we let other people buy the cameras. No problem with film flatness though. Crappy lenses and grainy film just like most Kodak consumer stuff.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Nikon made a 126 SLR? I know Ricoh did, and so did Zeiss Ikon and Rollei.
    My bad, I was thinking of the Zeiss or Rollei.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin