Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,283   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How much should it cost? It got a Bessa-R offered for 200 USD, without lens. Seemingly not damaged.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Let's change that URL again:

http://elekm.net/bessa-r

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That price is a bit on the high side for a Bessa-R although not unreasonable. I would expect to pay $175. However, keep in mind that this camera is no longer in production, and demand for it has risen slightly, which often has the effect of pushing the price up.

I no longer have my Bessa-R, although I have a Rollei 35 RF, which is a near-clone of the Bessa-R2, right down to its ever-so-slightly misaligned rangefinder, which seems to be Cosina's legacy with these cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I might get it down a few dollars if I try. Of course I have to pick up a lens as well. You wouldn't know what a reasonably fast wide angle might cost, that can shoot on, say, f1.8?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cao View Post
    I've actually had similar notions but with the Bessaflex TM in mind rather than the RF. I have a fair bit of screw mount glass, and shoot it with Spotties. The Bessa's features intrigue me, but I've not heard much about field durability. Does anyone here have experience to share about the 'flex TM?
    I have a Bessaflex TM that I use with all my M42 screw mount glass. I've been using it in the field for about 2 years with no problems at all.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I have an R2 and an R and they are certainly alot nicer to use than a Leica ltm but as was mentioned much louder and not as durable.
    My R2 slipped from my shoulder after what seemed like 24hrs of ring shopping with my soon to be wife and even after 2 trips to the very talented Mr. Gandy's repair shop it was never the same. Me neither.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd consider one of the M mount bessas. Also if shooting fast lenses wide open is a concern then a longer EBL like that of the Bessa T is good.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the Bessa R2 and 35mm lens sold as a kit. The lens is remarkable, sharp, nice contrast. I have come to the conclusion that I'm an SLR man and don't use it much. Might sell it some day. It's too nice a camera to sit around.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Most of the Cosina Voigtlander lenses seem to hover around $250-$350, but I haven't checked the prices for quite a while, and a high-speed lens (f/2.0 or faster) seems to add $100 or more to the price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin