Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,823   Online: 1081

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pardon my obscurity, but I've heard this expression GAS and I understand it to refer to habitual camera purchases. Bur what does the acronym GAS actually stand for?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ipno it stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome an obsessive compulsive disorder. There is no cure resistance is futile.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
    There is no cure resistance is futile.
    I will add 'and Welcome!'
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. A bug by which I have yet to be bitten. Probably because I was lucky enough to get 'my' camera first time. I bought and OM2 back in the summer along with some lenses. And I'm loving it. Then I bought an Agfa Isolette and a Bronica ETRS. In addition I have a Canon EOS 20D.

It might be that I've avoided GAS because I landed on my feet with the Olympus kit first time, even to the point that it stopped me immediately buying an Olympus OMD. So getting the OM2 has probably saved me money at least in the short term, although I do want to migrate my digital kit to Micro 4/3 some time next year.

But the main impediment for me is the proliferation of lens kits. And at the moment that's keeping the bank manager happy because although I spend too much time looking at Feds, Zorkis, Nikons, Canons and heaven knows what (not to mention Leica bank breakers), the thought of yet another lens kit is stopping me actually going so far as to part with cash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "The Force of GAS to resist futile is! To the Force of GAS one be come!" - Yoda, Star Wars XLVIII
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I'm eying up an OM1 on ebay at the moment. As lens kits are not an issue with OM gear, I might have a quick sniff of the vapours tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin