Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,247   Online: 1048

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Best 35mm Film Camera

Hey guys, I started as a digital photographer, but I want to get a film SLR. I currently have a Canon T2i with EF lenes, so a Canon camera would be preferred, but I could be swayed to Nikon (and maybe Pentax.) I want to know want you think the best 35mm camera is. I am interested in the Canon K2, but that's not even close to my final choice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Pentax has many lenses on it. Some of the Pentax bodies require the use of an "A" lens (usually marked as a Pentax-A), but most Pentax bodies which can accept a K-Mount lens can use every K-mount lens made since the mount was introduced back in 1975 with the exception of those with the DA designation which are designed for the smaller APS-C sensor of the Pentax DSLRs.

This means you have a very wide selection of Pentax (and non-Pentax) lenses you can use.

With adapters, you can also use most if not all of the M42 screw-mount lenses on Pentax cameras. Mike Butkus has lots of camera manuals over at his site, www.butkus.org; you can use these to see which kind of camera you want to get, or to get a manual for your new purchase. Leave him a donation if you end up downloading one of his manuals for your new camera. His manual collection includes more than just Pentax, so you can also get Canon/Nikon manuals there too.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    List of Canon film cameras through the ages -> Canon Camera Hall - Chronological order. The EOS line started with the 650 in 1987 reaching the pinnacle in 2000 with the EOS-1V.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Best? I guess it depends...maybe, "good enough" or "perfect for my needs"...

What are your needs / desires? Auto exposure? Small ? Light weight? Quiet? Rugged/Heavy duty? What lens system do you prefer? What type of photography do you do or intend to do?

There simply does not exist one, single "best" of anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's best for the needs of so many others is not, or will it necessarily turn out to be, best for you, short- or long-term. It really does open up a pandora's box of opinions, claim and counter-claim — way too subjective in short.
    The one thing that is best for you to do now is build upon your current Canon system and see how you go, not over 6 months, but perhaps 6 years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you already have EF lenses?
    If so you may as well stick with Canon.

Good deal going now as far as price/performance would be the 1n.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem sticking with Canon. My personal favorites are the Elan7E/NE or the EOS 3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    EOS 5 are currently selling for around £25.00 in the UK, EOS 3 are double that. Both have eye controlled focussing which is brilliant once you have got used to it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bar none, the best 35mm camera you can get is the Konica AiBorg. This camera is a work of art and has been discussed at length right here on APUG.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin