Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,347   Online: 1152

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    oops....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Crabtree View Post
    Somebody gave me a 7000 body. I really hated the looks and operation of all this generation of cameras and didn't touch the thing for quite some time. Now it has kind of grown on me. I guess having to screw around some with modern cameras has made me a little (only a little) more tolerant of button and menu controls.
    I agree on the ugliness of the 7000. However, IT IS an iconic camera in the history of cameras, being the first totally integrated AF 35mm SLR. In that sense, it's a collectable, similar to the Canon AE-1, which is also rather lacking in the looks/feel department, but the most successful SLR of all time as measured by units sold.

Shooter
    35mm
    A friend gave me a Maxxum camera with a lens, but I am greatly invested in Nikon so I don't even pull out the Minolta.

If someone wants it, just pay shipping and it's yours.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rwreich View Post
    A friend gave me a Maxxum camera with a lens, but I am greatly invested in Nikon so I don't even pull out the Minolta.

I'd be interested depending on model. If it isn't something I can use; I'll pass for somebody who needs it. I'll send a PM.

Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rwreich View Post

His Maxxum is a 500si w/35-80. I already have almost the same outfit so will let somebody who has more use for it get this one.

They really are amazing and fun cameras. My Maxxum 5 with 50/1.7 has become my main bicycle camera.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin