Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,132   Online: 903

Thread: Canon t70

Shooter
    35mm

Canon t70

Hello as i am new in the analog world i have some questions.
    I found a canon t70 with a 35-70 lens but as i said i have no idea!!
    I'd like to learn more of this world,but is that camera good?
    Is it a crap? does anyone have an opinion about that?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/fd/..._3022-1200.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a decent camera and is a good starter camera into film. BTW welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you jeff, then i will start with this the only one thing that left is to find the appropriate film!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug!

It is decent camera. I got several. Small and quite light. No more excuse to leave a SLR at home...

The only disadvantage it got is that it lacks the Depth-of-Focus pre-view button.
    By this you can in manual mode close down the aperture before the shutter is released. By this you see the variation in depth-of-focus depending on the aperture you chose. A very useful feature for the beginner or for some special tasks.
    (Though you can overcome this lack by engaging the lens in the stopped-down mode by some manipulation on the aperture activator at the lens bayonet with the lens taken off the camera and then putting it on the body again and set the camera in the stopped-down AE mode.)

You'll find a manual for the T-70 here:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...t70/index1.htm

Mir Photography is the best all-over resource of information on the Canon FD system. Though it lacks most of the early FD cameras.
    Last edited by AgX; 12-26-2012 at 06:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forgot to mention that if you want more Canon FD eguipment check out KEH used cameras.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you everyone for the help!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin