Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,866   Online: 840

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I have notoriously bad luck, so my 3 Nikon film cameras have each had issues at purchase. FE = rewind knob issues, FM = metering issue (which I think I've worked out without needing repair), FA = frozen DOF preview lever & horrible foam.

Likely though this is all from lack of use/maintenance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got an FM2n and am about 7 frames away from finishing my first roll through it. If there are no light leaks or shutter issues, I have a feeling this will become my favorite 35mm camera for walking around. From "sunny 16" considerations, and using the same speed film in my F3, I have the feeling that the meter is almost 1 stop under what I would expect. However, it seems to be consistent, which is all I really need-- and some of this must be due to including more sky due to the 60% center weight. I have no doubt I'll get used to it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have both an FM3a and a FM2n, and prefer the latter. I suspect that both are very dependable.

Shooter
    35mm
    My first serious camera was a FM2n bought new in 1985. Have bought plenty more film cameras in the past few years, they are all so cheap. The original is still my favorite.

Shooter
    35mm
    The marriage of the FE2 and FM2 resulted in the FM3A - the aperture priority and metering of the FE2 with the FM2's full manual ability when batteries are drained. I just wish they had also kept the FE2's additional slower shutter speed range and brought back the flip tab in order to use non-AI lenses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin