Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,569   Online: 794

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minolta x 700

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    I disagree.

Start with good quality film. Fuji or Kodak Color print film.

Cheap film may give poor results and mislead you into thinking you are off base.
    ....but in the UK, cheap colour neg film (Agfa Vista made by Fuji) from Poundland supermarket, is good at £1 for 36 exp. Well I don't know about China, but I would say only Fuji and Kodak make colour neg film now although you can get Ferrania Solaris at Poundland (two rolls for £1), sadly even Ferrania film is not made anymore.

Shooter
    35mm
    The cheap branded stuff is usually ok. I've been buying cheap Kodak and Fuji 200ASA film whenever I find it to build up a stock in the freezer. Can't really argue with under £3 per roll.

You will get better results with more expensive film but the cheap stuff is absolutely fine for testing cameras and general photos.
    Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Damn....so much information i think my head is gonna blow up! lolol
    Thank you very much,you really are awesome,i feel happy for my choise by hearing that is a good camera!
    @Nick Merritt thanks for the help,i had that in my mind but now you verifed my thought!
    @
    Ric Trexell lol that means that it really rocks dude!
    @
    fstop i also think that is better to start with good guality for the same reason.I am thinking Ilford delta or fuji neopan for b/w, for color im still searching!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If moving from digital, film can seem expensive, but if you are using 35mm, you are still only talking pence per frame. So try ALL the various films that are available and see which suits you most. I agree with the idea that you should start with cheap film - I use Poundland £1.00 Agfa colour film which is certainly more than OK. You can start paying £5.00 per roll when your skills merit it.

Shooter
    35mm
    @Peltigera i don't find your thoult to be wrong,yes i am from digital cameras but also with digital i prefer the manual way!I think i have some experience of taking photos.
    i will also try agfa cause the cheapest is the better choise sometimes!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine survived multiple long falls, beaches, and inclement weather before the aperture indexing ring finally gave up. Have fun, and don't be afraid to get a little risky with it; another can be picked up for a song and dance.
    In other worlds he has
    darker days, blacker swells.
    Strokes that mix noir revenge
    on waves of grey.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have six of these . The X-700 stayed in production for nearly 20 years. Its best feature is the bright viewfinder. You can but the original Minolta 280PX and 360PX flash units for very reasonable prices. The last 35-70mm f/3.5, the MD, is quite good. The manual focus mount lenses do not work with digital cameras except with adapters so they are available at good proces.

Shooter
    35mm
    i have a 50mm 1,7 lense but i am finding hard to understand the focus when i am in 1.7 aperature! i can understand what is on focus 100 % if it is little far.Is there any trick i should know?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    I disagree.

Start with good quality film. Fuji or Kodak Color print film.

Cheap film may give poor results and mislead you into thinking you are off base.
    Fuji and Kodak make cheap film that's of good quality: Superia and Gold. They're prefect for trying out a new camera and can be had easily in local stores.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin