Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many 35mm stereo (3-D) cameras such as the Realist shoot square frames (though they would typically have been mounted into stereo slides). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo_Realist

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I am a proud owner of a Tenax II which uses one lever to wind and one to focus. Small and well made but would trade for a IIIc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I once owned a Yashica EZ-matic that also took 126 film and produced square slides. I bought it in the mid 60's, probably around 1966.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A fun camera to own, a Zeiss Ikon Tenax I 35mm, 24X24 format / 50 exposures / roll of 36, pictures here if interested.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Any idea of the vintage of the negatives?
    I suapect mid 1950's. The negatives are normally perforated and are 24mm square. The black and white set are on Agfa film. So we can rule out 126 and my sister remembers my father having an Agfa camera of some sort. So the smart money seems to be on an Agfa rapid.

Postscript.
    My mother has identified the camera from a photograph downloaded from Google. It was indeed an Agfa Rapid. Mystery solved.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Ipno Tizer; 12-31-2012 at 06:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agfa Rapid cameras were introduced as a immediate consequence to the introduction of the Kodak Instamatic system in 1963. So those photographs cannot be made in the mid-50's.
    And I don't know any earlier Agfa camera that exposed 24x24mm images on 35mm film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Early Nikons and Minoltas are 24x34 (32?)
    Not square, but less rectangular

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin