Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,525   Online: 876

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    250 exposure back. They've been made for many cameras including, in alphabetical order, Canons, Leicas and Nikons. The back holds a lot of perfectly normal 35 mm film.
    And Pentax MX and LX. And Minolta XK. And Olympus OM. I suppose Contax RTS, also. I think that's all.

Nikon made a 750 exposure back, too. It takes a full 100 foot roll.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    250 exposure back. They've been made for many cameras including, in alphabetical order, Canons, Leicas and Nikons. The back holds a lot of perfectly normal 35 mm film.
    indeed - about 8 meters of film - and also a big unhandy electric motor attached.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. I reckon I'll be keeping this one and running a role of film through it at some point soon.

It's a heavy lump of metal though. I can't see myself carrying it around on a regular basis.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundabout View Post
    Thanks for all the comments everyone. I reckon I'll be keeping this one and running a role of film through it at some point soon.

It's a heavy lump of metal though. I can't see myself carrying it around on a regular basis.
    Well, it's excellent for personal protection, too. Swing that sucker by its strap at a malefactor, and its combination of weight and sharp edges will dispatch the miscreant forthwith.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Those things are built tough - and they leave quite a mark when dropped on one's foot. :o
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I kind of like the mechanical-age construction of the Topcon bodies; it inspires confidence, and feels like it might also damp mirror vibrations. You do have to be careful not to get sucked into the camera's gravity well, though.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    The only thing I did notice, is that that rewind lever is a bit wobbly (up and down). It is very smooth and seems to function well, but I'm wondering whether this is a potential problem?

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be careful when buying lens, Topcon made 2 lines of cameras, the RE 2 used the same lens mount as the Super D (a side note the Super D was used the Navy for a few years in the 70s) and a consumer level with leaf mount shutters, the lens are not interchangable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are lenses for early Topcons like Topcon B 'Auto Topcor'
    There are lenses for the RE Super/Super D and RE-2/D-1 'RE Auto Topcor'
    There are lenses with leaf shutters for Auto 100/Unirex 'UV Topcor'

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundabout View Post

The cure for that is to get an 8x10 view camera, and go hiking with it. After several long hikes with the 8x10, tripod, some filmholders, a lens or two, some other accessories, lunch, and etcetera, carrying that tiny featherweight 35mm won't bother you a bit.

The Topcons were/are great cameras and deserve more recognition than they get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin