Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,356   Online: 764

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Down sizing camera pile

Hello, I live in Florida, USA, and I've been buying garage sale and flea market cameras for several years. I've finally figured out that you can only use one camera at a time to take pictures, duh. So I'm looking to donate a dozen or so users to schools that still have film courses. Any one have names and locations of any such schools. J

Shooter
    35mm
    Look up the nearest community college and inquire.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There was somone on Apug a few months ago looking for something like what you are offering (wanted cameras for a college or community program). Maybe the person was in Canada if my memory serves me correct??? Anyone remember that thread? I will try to search and see if it comes up...
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Film Photography Podcast donates cameras to students and folks who want to learn about film. They take donations all the time for this purpose. Check out there website. http://filmphotographyproject.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I donated a few minoltas to my college. Dont forget, donations can get you a tax break too! Not that you'd do this for selfish reasons. :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The University of North Florida in Jacksonville still has a film program - in fact, film is what the students are interested in. They do have trouble with finding working cameras the students can use. If you're interested in them, PM me and I'll get the contact information for you.
    juan

Shooter
    35mm

Reference camera pile

Thank you for the replys. I've given some to a local jr college and high school in the past. Both are now on the verge of doing away with film courses. J.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dosilverhalide View Post
    Hello, I live in Florida, USA, and I've been buying garage sale and flea market cameras for several years. I've finally figured out that you can only use one camera at a time to take pictures, duh. So I'm looking to donate a dozen or so users to schools that still have film courses. Any one have names and locations of any such schools. J
    I would either sell as a lot on craigslist or ebay or send to KEH. I would not waste my time donating to a school. They have a list of requirements for donations and probably will reject your equipment.Been there done that waxed the car with the t shirt.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dosilverhalide View Post
    snow college in southern utah, weber state university in Ogden, Utah. I can get you contact information and would be willing to help with shipping costs. I just got done visiting with a friend who is setting up Snow's darkroom and he's desperate for camera...he teaches a course in large format at Brigham Young University so if you hare looking to donate any Speed Graphics, he's looking.

ctrentelman, ogden
    Last edited by summicron1; 12-31-2012 at 02:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Search out Ann Clancey here on APUG. She may be able to use all you got in her photo classes in Atlanta. If not she may be able to give you direction. She has been very good at passing along items they were unable to use that were donated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin