Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,430   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to use Tiffens. Most of them are un-coated and very inferior to the better coated, Hoya's, Marumis, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A set of UV/IR, deep yellow, red and green filters is probably sufficient.

B&W (Schneider) filters are good, and Nikon filters too. Hoya HMC and Tiffen multi-coated filters are also good. I tend to find that on the shorter focal lengths it makes less of a difference, but on longer focal lengths, 100 and above, you definitely have to watch what you put in front of a lens.

If you are going to shoot a lot of landscape, then it is certainly worth looking at a set of gradual grey filters. I wonder at your lens choices too - they will be limiting for landscape work. A 24 and 20 mm lens would be very welcome in your collection, I think. If you stick with manual focus Nikons, then a 20/4 or 20/3.5, and a 24/2 or 24/2.8 will round out your kit nicely. And they all take 52 mm filters, IIRC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin