Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,498   Online: 969

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Filters for Nikon FE2

I need to get some filters for a Nikon FE2. I understand filter usage, but know nothing about brands.
    I shoot black and white fine art landscapes.

Thanks for any advice -

Shooter
    35mm
    What size? It depends upon lens filter size. Camera body has nothing to do with it. Start with a deep yellow #15 and green and red filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To save money you might have to get a step up ring.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are using AI/AIS Nikkor lenses then a 52mm filter thread is quite common. I use a Nikon Yellow Y48, a Hoya orange filter (can't remember the grade), a red Nikon R60 & a circular polariser.This Ken Rockwell page gives info on filter effect for B&W film. http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/filters.htm

When buying filters look for ones that are multicoated if you can. Also avoid cheap no brand ones.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tiffen is a good affordable brand, been around for a long time.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I currently have Nikkor 28mm ais and 50mm AF - Non D.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have three Filters I can sell you for $20.00 plus shipping,they are all Nikon brand in new condition,No scratches or marks of anykind, they are x1 green,y52 yellow and r60 red. all great for Black and White.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by burchel pierce View Post
    I have three Filters I can sell you for $20.00 plus shipping,they are all Nikon brand in new condition,No scratches or marks of anykind, they are x1 green,y52 yellow and r60 red. all great for Black and White.
    all 52mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hoya HMC filters (multicoated) are excellent and not really expensive. The two lenses you mentioned are both 52mm filter size, I believe -- I know the 28mm is. I recommend orange as a good black and white filter -- and don't forget a polarizing filter, since it's great for cutting haze and really bringing out the clouds. (Yes, it's not just for color.)

Just saw the post above -- $20 for three Nikon filters is a really good deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have a nikon polarizer in excellent condition with a nikon hn-12 lens hood that works with it. I can let you have for an extra $10.00. Like Nick says, they do work great for cutting haze and bringing out clouds in Black And White.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin