Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,915   Online: 1219

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Problem with Nikon 70-210 Series E

Hello All,
    I have this lens which I love but there is a problem and it is not with zoom creep.
    As you can see from the 2 pics below the barrel of the lens-look at 210 mark-is pulling away from the base of the camera near where it attaches to the camera body.
    Can you please tell me has come loose and how I might go about fixing it.
    THanks
    Arthur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 70-210 (1 of 2).jpg   70-210 (2 of 2).jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to own this exact lens, and had a similar experience after a weeks-long road trip. Apparently all the vibrations from travel shook some things loose. While I don't know that your lens has the same exact problem, I was able fix mine (and sell it as well). First, I removed the lens mount, just the chromed bayonet which is held on the back of the lens by three screws. Then I tightened some screws that hold the barrel to the rear assembly (the piece that includes the aperture ring), and then put the mount back on. As far as I remember, my repair did not involve any complex work; I did not have to remove the aperture mechanism or anything else. The screws that I tightened should be easily visible when you remove the mount. Good luck!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks. Followed your directions but found nothing inside to tighten to get barrel from slipping so I just put some epoxy on edge then had heck of time putting it back together bit it finally went. Now though I don't
    have the clicking sound between the different f/stops. Must have missed something. Not a problem since I like to shoot lens wide open for the creamy backgrounds it gives.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin