Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,826   Online: 890

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by aroth87 View Post
    The shutter speeds being around the lens mount is neat . . .
    Adam
    As a Nikon user you should know that the earlier Nikkormats used this configuration before the OMs.

Too bad if your only other cameras are Nikons as that seems to be the only brand of cameras I have that the OM Varimagni Finder will not properly fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I was aware Olympus weren't the only ones to put the shutter speeds there, I'd just never seen one in person. Also, did you take a picture of my OM-1, because mine has almost identical paint wear on the back hinge

Thanks for the suggestion to zuiko.com, everything on the camera seems not quite as smooth as my FE. If I decide to use it more I'll definitely send it in for a CLA, if only for the battery conversion. The battery that's in it still has juice but I know its only a matter of time.

So between having mirror lock up and the Varimagni I'm thinking it might be fun to try some close up/macro work with the camera. I've got the 55 Micro for Nikon and the working distance is pretty short, so the 50/3.5 is probably out for now and the 90 Macro is way out of my price range. Has anyone used a 135mm on extenstion tubes? KEH's selection is pretty small across the board right now.

Adam

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have used OM-10's as prism donors but OM-10's almost always come back to life with new batteries and I hate parting out working cameras.

Nowadays I find broken OM-PC's and OM-2SP's are cheaper.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

OM-1 antique store find

Quote Originally Posted by aroth87 View Post
    Yeah, I was aware Olympus weren't the only ones to put the shutter speeds there, I'd just never seen one in person. Also, did you take a picture of my OM-1, because mine has almost identical paint wear on the back hinge

Thanks for the suggestion to zuiko.com, everything on the camera seems not quite as smooth as my FE. If I decide to use it more I'll definitely send it in for a CLA, if only for the battery conversion. The battery that's in it still has juice but I know its only a matter of time.

So between having mirror lock up and the Varimagni I'm thinking it might be fun to try some close up/macro work with the camera. I've got the 55 Micro for Nikon and the working distance is pretty short, so the 50/3.5 is probably out for now and the 90 Macro is way out of my price range. Has anyone used a 135mm on extenstion tubes? KEH's selection is pretty small across the board right now.

Adam
    Regarding it not being as smooth - the OM2N that Camtech overhauled plus the 50mm that I had lubed locally are the smoothest things I have ever used so I am sure your machine can be too

Shooter
    35mm
    For macro work I have the Kiron 105mm f2.8 macro lens as well as the Olympus Autobellows. Of course practically anything on extensions or bellows will be macros anyway.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The times I used an OM1 showed my it has a mirror-lock up. Perhaps a beefier pod would have helped, but a lot of shake from the mirror on longish exposures. Congrat!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    The OM Varimagni Finder is a fantastic accessory - right angle and 2.5X magnifier. It is very useful as it fits a lot of different cameras and brands. If you check the prices on the great auction site you will see that you scored huge just on that alone!
    Note that the Varimagni Finder has its own focus, and if this is not set right your image will be out of focus. And it is, unfortunately, difficult to get set right. I have two or them and they have gotten very little use because of that drawback.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus Varimagni Finder is the most versatile accessory I have as it not only provides right angle and 2.5X magnification for my OM bodies but it fits and works correctly for a number of my other bodies such as the Canon EOS, Pentax K, M & LX and various Minoltas.

This finder has a diopter range of −7 to +3 and if properly set, will allow you to achieve much better critical focus then without it. Specs and Instructions for proper use can be found at -> Olympus Varimagni Finder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin