Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,805   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashinoff View Post
    Do you have a sacrificial roll that you can wind all the way to the end with the camera back open to see what is happening? I had a camera that was tearing sprockets half way through the roll and it turned out the rewind knob was just too stiff. A tiny drop of oil solved it.
    I did buy a few rolls of expired film for cheap and ran it through the camera both with the back open, and with the lens off so I could watch the shutter. Tried all the different speeds and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I might try it again a few times.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    The Canon 7 is a jewel but old Canon bodies are prone to getting wrinkles in the shutter. I think you might be lucky if you only spend 300 bucks to get a fabulous Canon 7 body that works perfectly.
    You're probably right, but at the same time a local dealer has a freshly CLA'd Leica IIIf for $300, with 6 months warranty. I know all the quirks of using a Barnack camera, and I don't mind. Just figured if I'm going to go $300, might as well give my screws their proper socket. Of course, then I'll need a 35mm viewfinder...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin