Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,719   Online: 964

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Skill Testing Question: Camera Repair in the Metro NYC Area

My brother Alex is based in lower Manhattan and has a Nikon F with a busted film counter that won't advance beyond 12. His usual go to for camera repairs is Essex Camera in NJ which is currently closed courtesy damage from Sandy. Anyone have a recommendation a decent camera repair guru preferably with experience with Nikons in the NY/NJ US Northeast?

Alex is would be right at home here but due to career doesn't really have a lot of time to hang online.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, two stones throws away in Rhode Island is Zack's Camera Repair, who I believe are also APUG sponsors. Aside from that, there are LOTS of camera repair people in New York City. Ask at B&H and see who they use, if they don't do it in-house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks!
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One of the professional photo repair shops located just across the street next to the B&H store, another somewhere on 12 or 14 street, one or two blocks east from Broadway. I don’t remember exact address and name of the place but I used them previously and they do a good job. Actually I found them on the internet so you just need to do some search.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Dave Easterwood.
    He is in Michigan but is an expert on the first Nikon F's and probably all the ones that followed.

734-433-2640. His email address is: davescamera@earthlink.net

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are mailing away I can recommend Ken Ruth at Photography On Bald Mountain in Davenport, CA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC?

Shooter
    35mm
    I can vouch for an excellent job at reasonable price at Nippon Photo Clinic............my repair was a Bessa R2A.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin