Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,952   Posts: 1,557,984   Online: 1095

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you, zsas, for unclothing and revealing me as a knave (for benefit of all).

I guess this tautology is really a form of circular reasoning whereby the 'guilty' (me) starts with a 'guaranteed' premise made so compelling and carries it through to a forced conclusion in such a manner that no one would dare to refute same. (I knew I was perfect at something!) - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 01-17-2013 at 04:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Thank you, I was trying to recall that term.
    We are square then because you taught me Schrödinger's cat!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    Thank you, zsas, for unclothing and revealing me as a knave (for benefit of all).

I guess this tautology is really a form of circular reasoning whereby the 'guilty' (me) starts with a 'guaranteed' premise made so compelling and carries it through to a forced conclusion in such a manner that no one would dare to refute same. (I knew I was perfect at something!) - David Lyga
    Come on David, I find you not dishonest at all, frankly your post about Hepbern was outstaning! Don't be so hard on yourself. I do think we should discuss the types of debates we invest in whilst online.
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder what PETA would have to say to Schroedinger?

Edit - Here's another for you, Z.

http://www.auburn.edu/~smith01/notes/maxdem.htm
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 01-17-2013 at 04:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Boo Hoo you made me so cry, zsas!!!

Fact is, zsas, I AM a knave but was hiding it all along. Don't you think that I have the brains to know that I am doing SOMETHING right in this skewed world if my posts garner 90% of the readership (and readership that does not necessarily have to agree with me?)

Zsas, after what I went through in the public school system in Wolcott, CT for twelve years you are not CAPABLE of hurting my feelings. Honestly, I love this forum and whether I am adored or refuted or challenged or deemed politically incorrect makes little difference to me. Being exposed and read is all that matters to this troubled entity. And, yes, zsas, that means 'thank you'. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now I feel even a bit more wasteful when I shoot just 35 frames so I can get them all in one printfile. Sometimes I even leave a blank mid roll so I can cut into two more manageable strips when hanging.

Shooter
    35mm
    declark, that is false 'economy'. You should be consistently aiming for 38 exposures. I promise you that you will decide to throw out at least three frames when you see the results of development. You then cut out the bad ones and replace with the good extra ones. Thus, you end up with 'only' 35 frames. It's no big deal to have some frames cut this way. - David Lyga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I do that sometimes too David, but they don't usually end up at the right frame to make for 7 rows of 5 frames. I hate having single frame stragglers, easier to load longer strips in the negative carrier. I've avoided the 6x7 format just because of the odd frame out issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    that is false 'economy'. You should ...
    What is a real false economy is spending too much time figuring out how to scrimp the most minute iota of extra... unless one's time is worthless. False economy has many criteria. Maybe that's false economy to you but it makes good sense to me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sincerely, Brian, 'to each his own'. - David Lyga

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin