Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,735   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Lab or ABC Colour for my E6, my "guest bathroom" for all my black and white processing and printing. The frequency of each, however, depends upon my "productivity."
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanCarlson View Post
    How often do you use a lab?
    Rarely, only for E6, every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanCarlson View Post
    What is the ratio of what you process to what you have a lab process?
    Close to 100% (except for E6, see above). I care about and enjoy the process from the taking to the making of the photograph. I believe it would be hypocritical to present the finished product as my own if I were not personally engaged at every practical level. And monochrome is so easy anyway. (To the haters: No, I do not make my own emulsions and film supports, but then neither do most professional labs – though the way film is going, that too may become a necessary part of the process).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of cassettes of Agfa 35 mm colour film processed each month and one roll of Portia slide film. B&W I do myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I send C-41 out to Miller's Professional Imaging about once a month and I could not be more pleased with the quality, especially for the price. Black and White I always take care of
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sold house last year and darkroom gear is in storage, so 100% now until I build new wet darkroom. Only used a lab

for Kodachromes up to now.

/lay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a lab for C-41 and do B&W myself.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a local lab maybe twice a year for color processing, but I don't shoot much color film. Depending on mood and weather, I sometimes shoot C41 on Argus Day in my C3. Those I get processed with small prints and scans on CD so I can put them on the web without much work.

In general, I don't print a high percentage of my work, and B&W I do myself. Attempts to get chromogenic color prints from - uh -- other technology -- have so far not been very confidence inspiring either; probably I'm color management challenged (or need another lab).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    never shoot color so i never use a lab,
    i use a pro lab once in a while to do other things i can't speak about here though ..
    i used to use a lab ( fuji and dwaynes through sam's club )
    a few times a week e6/c41 and 8mm movie film, they were inexpensive.
    i don't use fuji anymore, they keep the film to save on delivery costs i hear.
    i still have some e6+c41 35mm - 8x10 sizes and i am debating whether to
    process it myself ( don't like the idea of pouring the color chems down the drain )
    or processing them in coffee ( beautiful smooth grained b/w ) or mailing them
    out of state to be processed ( no one local processes anything bigger than 35mm in-state )

so short story is 0% now, but 1% that might change.

i probably will just process it all in coffee ... and use something electric for color
    or make tri color prints ( negatives at least )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once a month I send a batch of color and slide to NCP. I love their work and they are worth every penny I pay them. I use Blue Moon once in a while to do my large format.

Do all my own black and white and most of my own printing up to 11x14. Anything larger goes out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I use a lab for C-41 and do B&W myself.

Jeff

X2.... Except I have yet to send out my c41 yet. I've got a years worth of color film sitting on a shelf.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin