Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,663   Online: 829

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How often do you use a lab?

Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    I don't use labs. I have a darkroom. I mix chemicals from scratch for C41 and RA4 (and d76 for b&w film). Hey, maybe that makes me a lab. I AM LAB...
    Bahahah!!! This post made me burst out laughing haha awesome!

PS can I have that C-41 formula and the places you buy the chemicals from?

Have the E6 one by chance?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Bahahah!!! This post made me burst out laughing haha awesome!

PS can I have that C-41 formula and the places you buy the chemicals from?

Have the E6 one by chance?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Stone, the C-41 formula I use can be seen at post #9 at the the thread below ("C-27"):

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...-near-c41.html

I'm afraid I haven't done E6 for about 25 years.

I have a stockpile of chemicals dating back to 1987, but when I run out, I typically go to Artcraft Chemicals.

David

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

How often do you use a lab?

Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    Hey Stone, the C-41 formula I use can be seen at post #9 at the the thread below ("C-27"):

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/5...-near-c41.html

I'm afraid I haven't done E6 for about 25 years.

I have a stockpile of chemicals dating back to 1987, but when I run out, I typically go to Artcraft Chemicals.

David
    Thanks!!!

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everyone saying they use labs for C-41 makes me feel much less guilty about the fact that I do.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a pro-level lab all the time now, both for E6 and printing. No scanning done here because the cost of pricey exhibition-quality Kodak Endura Professional metallic media includes drum scan work and colourimetrics, saving me at the minimum two very long days of post-scan ops that could be better spent behind the camera, not at a computer.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I use a pro-level lab all the time now, both for E6 and printing. No scanning done here because the cost of pricey exhibition-quality Kodak Endura Professional metallic media includes drum scan work and colourimetrics, saving me at the minimum two very long days of post-scan ops that could be better spent behind the camera, not at a computer.
    Wish I had a nice lab like that, the one around here sucks... they can't even scan as high as I can at home for their "pro" level scan...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wish I had a nice lab like that, the one around here sucks... they can't even scan as high as I can at home for their "pro" level scan...
    Truth be told, the lab does not scan higher than I would, but about the same, and sometimes lower, and with significantly more error-checked automation so that everybody gets the same quality result in good time and there are no hangups from mismatches, bad files or other workflow bottlenecks (most of the time...!). The trick bit is with the colourimetrics to get the very best result on the printed media — I tell you this stuff is getting a serious leg-up over the old bastion of Ilfochrome Classic (those framed prints are still beautiful under spot, but so too now are the 'alternative media' products!). That colourimetric stuff drives me cuckoo. I just use my V700 for stat proofing now. I'll probably sell it off this year — one of 10 New Year Resolutions I made, and boy-o, do I stick to 'em!!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin