Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,139   Online: 980

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

How often do you use a lab?

How often do you use a lab?
    What is the ratio of what you process to what you have a lab process?
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Once I discovered how easy it was to do your own color, and have superior results, as well as the given savings, I resolved to never use a lab again if I could help it. At least if I screw it up, it's my screw up.

Plus, it saves on cash... Significantly.
    Last edited by EASmithV; 01-17-2013 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Started doing my own colour and never looked back....until this week. Had shot some 220 Portra at a wedding and trusted it to the lab because I thought my chemistry was pretty much spent. Came back with two holes in it and a wad of black goo in the middle of a frame. Needless to say, I am very upset. Apparently the roll jammed in the machine, but that does not excuse the debris on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to process bw and C41 at home and take the slides to a nearby lab. But after the price hike in processing slides I took the plunge and bought a E-6 tetenal kit. Now all processing are done in-house. What bothered me about the local lab, besides the cost of processing, was the actual trip to drop in and pick up plus the rising parking charges. I could send the films by mail but that's at least a week or two before getting them back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only use a lab for C-41 (about 10% of my work) and E-6 (about 2% of my work), but that's about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a lab for C41 and E6, probably once a month. The last two orders have both been lost on the courier, the first one took three weeks to arrive, and the latest order I just heard this afternoon has been located, and will be with me on the 21st. It was despatched on the 21st of December.

Love the lab, hate the couriers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm lucky -- I live in a mid-sized city (for Japan anyway), and can get colour neg and reversal done within an hour (35mm and 120) and since I don't shoot a lot of colour -- probably about 10% of my total film output -- it makes more sense to use them.

I'm actually interested in processing my own colour film but would rather support the local film labs while they are still available and very affordable.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    C41 development only, currently colour is about 90% of my work. I prefer to spend my limited free time printing, not developing.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a lab for all my work.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I use a lab for all my work.
    Ditto.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin