Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,215   Online: 935

Shooter
    35mm

old low contrast EF mount lenses?

I'm looking for older autofocus EF mount zoom lenses. Specifically ones with low contrast and low to medium sharpness and if it has a tendency to flare all the better. No need for them to necessarily be Canons, aftermarket manufactures are fine as well (maybe preferred..) I'm assuming the first generation lenses (late 80s to early 90s) are my best bet and I've seen the canon 35-70 mark I but have heard mixed reviews as to its performance (I'm looking for low performance!) And I know about the canon 28-80 as well. Both of those fall right around the zoom range I'm looking for but I'd be particularly interested to hear any other suggestions. And, as a matter of fact, I'd love to hear about any telephoto zooms that meet these criteria as well.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome. Maybe this user lens survey helps:http://www.photozone.de/active/surve...tar%20AF%27%22

If you are after low contrast and a slightly soft image an UV filter with a bit of vaseline / hairspray / oil might be the easiest solution.
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin