Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,622   Online: 1026

Shooter
    Multi Format

New (to me) Nikon 35Ti won't turn on - ideas?

I've tried searching to see if this is a common problem, but I came up empty. I just received a Nikon 35Ti from KEH in Ex condition (cosmetically, it's immaculate). Popped in a brand new CR132A and turned it on. I was disappointed when nothing happened. Popped that battery out and a new one in. Repeated that a total a 3 times. Even check the batteries in other cameras - they all work fine. Loaded a roll of film thinking it might not turn on empty. Nada.

I've already contacted KEH to tell them this unit is DOA. But if there's any chance I can save this or if there is something I'm doing wrong, I'd rather not have to return it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Battery in with the wrong polarity? Expired Battery? Grubby contact faces?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've tried putting the batteries in both ways - turns out the lid won't even go on when inserted incorrectly. I've tried a total of 6 batteries now - they are all confirmed to be working (may not be fully juiced as they are a year old to me, but they all fire my Yashica T4 without any problems). Contact faces are flawless, just like the rest of the camera (cosmetically, that is).

Really bummed as I was looking forward to taking this on a trip I'm leaving for on Monday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out this thread, video, and outcome...... http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/41184896
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ran across this:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3181419

Might be of help.
    -Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now THAT is why I LOVE forums!

It didn't work for me, but I never would have found that myself. After it didn't work I tried removing the entire base plate to see what was going on under there. Didn't do much but poke around very gently. Nothing seemed loose from a superficial view. Didn't want to dig deeper as I don't want KEH to reject my return.

Thanks for your help, though! Wish it would have worked!
    Last edited by dpt2014; 01-18-2013 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Perhaps a quick call to Nikon customer service to see if they can help? Is there any kind of master reset?
    -Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None that I saw of. In fact, it's already on its way to KEH. Didn't have time to waste as I will be busy this weekend in preparation for a vacation I leave for on Monday.

Again, thanks for everyone's advice!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin