Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,000   Online: 899

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking for Nikon F100 Lens Compatability

Not that I needed it, but could not pass up an F100 body. I tried my Sigma EX Aspherical 28-70mm on but it doesn't like it. Too bad as I have that lens as well as a 24mm and 70-200mm that work fine on my N90s. I have a Nikon G AF 28-80 which works fine, but I'm not particularly fond of the G lenses. Any insights or experience with the F100 and compatible lens options would be appreciated. Off to do some searching.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pretty much AI and newer.

Don't know why the Sigma is fighting you.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have several F100s.... All of my lenses are AFD, AF non-D, and G. All of them work just fine. My understanding is that all AF lenses are supposed to work. With anything earlier, you will run into limitations on what metering mode the camera will recognize.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me either. Even moving the Sigma lens collar out to "manual " it still displays fEE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Sigmas are notorious for having chips in there that just dont play nicely across the board.
    I've seen this nmost often with Canon but it stands to reason the same problems exists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Me either. Even moving the Sigma lens collar out to "manual " it still displays fEE.
    Silly question but you did set the aperture to the smallest, right? f/22 or whatever it goes to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    The Sigmas are notorious for having chips in there that just dont play nicely across the board.
    I've seen this nmost often with Canon but it stands to reason the same problems exists.
    I 'll dig out the 24 and 70-200 and see if it is across the board with the Sigmas. I do like them, f2.8 and lot heavier than the G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    That's normally an aperture ring placement or mode choice thing.

Several "fixes" are available.

Move the lens aperture ring to the minimum aperture point and the warning will probably disappear. There is probably a lock tab on the lens available to keep it there too. In this arrangement the aperture is adjusted with the thumb wheel.

In the custom settings menu you can choose to set aperture with the ring rather than the thumb wheel. In this arrangement the aperture ring is left unlocked and there is also normally no fEE warning.

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Move the lens aperture ring to the minimum aperture point and the warning will probably disappear. There is probably a lock tab on the lens available to keep it there too. In this arrangement the aperture is adjusted with the thumb wheel.
    This is a non-starter in this case. I always have the lenses set/locked this way (unless in the field I want to control things), still gets the fEE.

In the custom settings menu you can choose to set aperture with the ring rather than the thumb wheel. In this arrangement the aperture ring is left unlocked and there is also normally no fEE warning.
    I'll give this one a try. Found an on-line PDF manual for the F100 and I'll spend some time with it as well. I have determined that none of my Sigmas work on the F100; 24mm, 28-70mm, nor the 70-200mm though all are quite happy on the N90s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What camera mode are you using?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin