Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,858   Online: 1041

View Poll Results: Your age is?

Voters
377. You may not vote on this poll
  • Babycakes

0 0%
  • Teens

9 2.39%
  • Twenties

47 12.47%
  • Thirties

65 17.24%
  • Forties

79 20.95%
  • Fifties

89 23.61%
  • Sixties

63 16.71%
  • Seventies

22 5.84%
  • Eighties

3 0.80%
  • Nineties

0 0%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    My age is 75. I use a Rolleiflex vintage 1946.

In 35 mm I use Canon EOS series. The Rollie attracts the most attention

fra

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Just out of curiosity. Might be someone else made the same suggestion, or the info is available somewhere else.

It will be good to know the average age of users in the forum, to cross both polls and do a relative % of format usage....

Makes sense?

Oh I do 35 and 6x6, and now waiting for a 4x5 camera.
    Last edited by fra; 02-14-2013 at 09:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Early thirties. Started out with a Pentax KM (not K-M) bought used in the late 1990s. Still mostly a 35mm shooter (still mostly using that same KM), but starting to drift towards larger negatives. Being able to look at a ground glass with both eyes is really nice ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    I am 50 and I have been using film since 1963. Abandoned film briefly in 2004 but now use film more than digital - 35mm and 120.
    You were born with a camera in your hand, and photographed your own birth, I have to conclude.

2013 - 50 = 1963

Shooter
    35mm
    66 Was trained as aU.S. Army still photographer at FT. Monmouth, NJ (1966). Have been doing all-out film art photography since then. Have many Nikons, Contax G1/G2 w/6lenses, Mamiya TLR w/6lenses, RB67 w/90mm. Learned on a 4x5. Have always been allergic to the chemicals, which is why I'm completely unknown--can develop film in tanks, but can't print (though the eco-friendly print dev from Freestyle is OK for me. Nothing's stopped me from shooting film. I'm looking for a place to donate my 1500+ rolls of film, filed in archival binders. I'm printing my pics on a computer, just to see what I really have. Love to those in Filmland.

Shooter
    35mm
    Me again. I also have the 2 best enlargers ever made for 35mm---Leitz 1c and Durst M35 Micromat, plus a slew of enlarging lenses--Focotar 2, 55mm 1.9 Computar, Angenieux(!), Komuranon S , etc, etc,. These will go to any place that accepts my B&W negs to print mostly my pics, plus others. For me, the whole fascination of photography lies in the incredible results you get w/the absolute best enlargers and lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's been interesting reading this thread and seeing such commonality.

Myself, I did commercial work for years, 90% E6. Only tried to process E6 once... came out good but too much hassle with 3 pro labs in town (Dallas is down to one now I believe...) Then came digital, which, for business, I love.

What I don't love is how "everyone's a commercial shooter" now, "just look at the LCD" - film really separated the men from the boys and I can't imagine a lot of the younger generation trying to sleep while waiting on snip tests from a very expensive shoot -no matter how prepared I was and how good the polaroids looked, it was always a bit nerve wracking. Then again, digital has allowed a lot of people to quickly understand exposure.

I do a lot of design work and web work, and the quality of supplied photography I get is often pretty abysmal. But I suppose the world of photography has been opened up to people with a good eye, who may have never gotten into it without the ease of digital. You can throw a lot of spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks, essentially for free, and there's some good creativity coming out of that.

That said, as a commercial guy, I never messed with the Zone system and negative exposure and developing precision, dialing in a film was much more about correct product colors and clean whites. Returning to B&W and really trying to do it right and learn from many of the giant talents posting here - I do feel like I'm 20 again as far as the sense of a wide-open world of possibilities. And that feels very cool!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just turned 37 last December.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    mid 40's...

I've shot so much film that I nearly lost count....working as a photographer for years does that to you..

I shoot mostly digital now (and love it from a editing viewpoint, as I can get the color I want every time) - although it's far more work than when we shot film on a job.

I miss sending the film off to a lab, getting the prints back and sending them and a invoice off to the client.........
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm

The Brick

Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Coming up on 72, bought an Argus C3 new at the very end of 19-ought-57 which I still have and have been shooting the last few years on 'Argus Day.' I also shoot a Canon A-1, though not as often since I've acquired a bunch of medium format gear at dimes on the dollar.
    My first 35mm was a C3, it was stolen when I got wounded in Ben Hoa in 67

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin